Having noticed how delicious bread has the power to make people feel happy and warm, Japanese artist and baker Yukiko Morita created Pampshade to harness this delicate charm and to let "the delicious light of bread gently illuminate".
Brilliantly crafted from just-baked artisan breads, each light is one of a kind. To create the light within the bread's crust, the inside is hollowed out (and kept for use in other recipes, no crumb goes to waste (also, if possible, unsold breads are used)). 50,000 hour LED lights are carefully placed inside and the bread is coated with an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal resin to protect and seal the lamp for years to come. All products are made at Yukiko's workshop in Japan.
"The more we understand bread, all the more we fall in love with bread" - Yukiko
This rustic round boule captures the traditional techniques of countless French boulangeries. With its classic shape and amber glow, the Pampshade boule seems a celebration of the harvest moon rising over France. Use on table or wall.
This Pampshade provides a gentle ambient light source and is designed to be displayed on a table or hung on a wall.
- Materials: Bread flour, cake flour, salt, yeast, LED lights, power cord with dimmer switch
- Power supply: US power cord; LED lifetime: approx. 50,000 hours
- Pampshade bread lamps are all handmade one by one
- Size: Approximately 6 inches in diameter
Pampshade bread lamps are all handmade one by one
Because each Pampshade is made from real bread, there will be natural variations in color, size, and shape
- Luminosity: This Pampshade can softly illuminate a room of approximately 140 square feet
- Important: This product is fragile and should be handled delicately with care.
- Operation Instructions: To turn on/off, just tap the power button. To adjust the brightness to your liking, press and hold the power button