Having noticed how delicious bread has the power to make people feel happy and warm, Japanese artist and baker Yukiko Morita created Pampshade to harness this delicate charm and to let "the delicious light of bread gently illuminate".
Brilliantly crafted from just-baked artisan breads, each light is one of a kind. To create the light within the bread's crust, the inside is hollowed out (and kept for use in other recipes, no crumb goes to waste (also, if possible, unsold breads are used)). 50,000 hour LED lights are carefully placed inside and the bread is coated with an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal resin to protect and seal the lamp for years to come. All products are made at Yukiko's workshop in Japan.
"The more we understand bread, all the more we fall in love with bread" - Yukiko
Resembling the button mushrooms of its French namesake, Champignon is a fresh take on this boulangerie classic. Its impressive form is sure to please true bread connoisseurs or anyone with a taste for fine whimsy.
This Pampshade provides a gentle ambient light source and is designed to be displayed on a table.
- Battery Powered LED Light
- Materials: Bread flour, cake flour, salt, yeast, LED lights, battery (not included)
- Power supply: AA battery x 1 (not included - approx 50 hours); LED lifetime: approx. 50,000 hours
- Pampshade bread lamps are all handmade one by one
- Size: Approximately 2”-3” diameter
Pampshade bread lamps are all handmade one by oneBecause each Pampshade is made from real bread, there will be natural variations in color, size, and shape.
- Luminosity: This Pampshade can softly illuminate a space within hand's reach
- Important: This product is fragile and should be handled delicately with care
- Operation: To turn on/off this product, simply place it on a flat surface to activate the sensor switch