Having noticed how delicious bread has the power to make people feel happy and warm, Japanese artist and baker Yukiko Morita created Pampshade to harness this delicate charm and to let "the delicious light of bread gently illuminate".
Brilliantly crafted from just-baked artisan breads, each light is one of a kind. To create the light within the bread's crust, the inside is hollowed out (and kept for use in other recipes, no crumb goes to waste (also, if possible, unsold breads are used)). 50,000 hour LED lights are carefully placed inside and the bread is coated with an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal resin to protect and seal the lamp for years to come. All products are made at Yukiko's workshop in Japan.
"The more we understand bread, all the more we fall in love with bread" - Yukiko
The classic features of France's quintessential bread are what make the baguette one of our brightest products to date. Because of its iconic length, we're able to put even more LED lights inside that further illuminate the striking scored cuts along the face of the crust.
This Pampshade provides a gentle ambient light source and is designed to be displayed on a table or hung on a wall.
Furthermore, it's coated with an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal to protect and seal the lamp for years to come.
The bread is carefully hollowed out during the manufacturing process, resulting in some minor cracks or small holes that further add to the lamp's rustic, artisanal character. Please note that these are not considered to be defects.
- Materials: Bread flour, cake flour, yeast, LED lights, power cord.
- Power Supply: AC100-240V 50/60Hz 0.3A DC 12V 1.0A
- (The lifetime of the LED lights is rated for up to 50,000 hours. Unfortunately, we are not able to replace the LED lights.)
- Size: Approximately 50 cm (20 inches) in length
- (Because each Pampshade is made from real bread, there will be natural variations in color, size, and shape.)
- Luminosity: This Pampshade can softly illuminate a room of approximately 13 square meters (140 square feet).
- Important: This product is fragile and should be handled delicately with care.
- Operation Instructions: To turn on/off, just tap the power button. To adjust the brightness to your liking, press and hold the power button